Recipe | Pasta With Lamb and Bell Peppers


I am not an expert in pasta but I do make it quite often. It is one of those dinners I make when I want something relatively quick. I like pasta in tomato-based sauces, and my favourite is beef bolognese. But to make that every time can get boring. So even though I keep the tomato base, I change a few ingredients to spruce things up. By changing ground beef to ground lamb, it brings a whole new taste, and to be honest nowadays I prefer ground lamb to beef in my pasta. I also like to add one or two other ingredients such as sautéed cremini mushrooms, diced eggplants or diced carrots. Or you can skip the meat and just add vegetables.

Initially, I feared the bell pepper and spring onions might give it a stir-fry taste but that wasnt the case in the end. Please note that I use fresh tomatoes which you can switch for canned.

Recipe: Pasta with lamb and bell peppers

Serves 2–4

Ingredients 


½ pound ground lamb

1 medium onion diced
3–5 cloves of garlic finely chopped
5 fresh medium tomatoes blended. You can increase or decrease depending on the size of the tomatoes. 
1 teaspoon tomato paste
3 Thai chillies (optional)
1 bell pepper diced
3 spring onions or scallions chopped
1 pack of spaghetti
1 teaspoon Tumeric or curry powder
Olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Method


Fry onion in oil until slightly brown. Add garlic, Thai chillies, and spring onions. Fry until translucent. Add the ground lamb and cook until brown. Add salt, pepper, curry powder and tomato paste, and stir. Add the blended tomatoes and stir. Add diced bell pepper and cook the sauce on medium-low heat until the sauce has a slightly thick consistency. Before adding the boiled pasta, I like to add in a tablespoon of butter or olive oil to help thicken the sauce and give it shine. Add boiled spaghetti and finish with grated parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment