New Year​‌’s Eve


Happy new year! We spent the new years at home, cooked our favourite meal and watched a couple of movies. I was never one to spend new years eve at a party with friends. 


Growing up in Dubai, I always spent new years eve with my family watching the fireworks at the beach. I still remember the cool breeze, the fun crowd shouting the countdown and the awes as the fireworks went off from Burj Al Arab. The fireworks were always spectacular. Here in New York, its too cold to go to the beach at this time of the year. I always wonder how people can stand at Times Square for hours to watch the countdown. As much I would love to do it, the crowd, my bladder and, the cold have discouraged me since my first new years eve here.

2016 was a challenging year for me. My family had gone through some tough times and being here so far away from them was very stressful for me. And there were also some good times. Failures and hard times will always appear but keeping a positive attitude are important. As for any resolutions, I dont know if Im interested in having any but I do want to work on making myself a better person and be more hardworking. Here are also a few things that I would like to do;


Spend some idle time in the sun at the nearest park, Isnt it strange how the same sun is harsh in the summer but so soothing like a big hug in the winter.


Walk more. Its the easiest exercise. I never realize how far I have walked when Im conversing with a friend.


Keep the kitchen clean and the sink empty. The best time to do it is right after eating. I not only prevent myself from slumping on the sofa but also a clean kitchen will always motivate me to cook.


Bake bread. I am going to aim to bake bread as often as I can. Not only is it going to be better than store-bought(hopefully!) but I find kneading the dough very calming.


Buy cotton underwear. I would love to switch all my old ones for good quality cotton underwear. I especially love this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment