Five Best Buys Of 2016



Mauviel Copper Pans: Over the last two years I have reduced dining at restaurants to holidays, birthdays and special occasions. Which means I cook at home every day! I realized that if I cook every day, I needed to upgrade my pots and pan. I waited for Black Friday to see if I could find any deals on them since copper pots are expensive. I was so glad when I did on this website. I got a three pan set which included a sauté pan, frying pan and, a saucepan for an amazing price that I just couldnt resist. So far cooking in those pans is wonderful and slow cooking with it has been even better. I cant recommend it enough.



Devon Wool Duvet: My Duvet needed a major upgrade. The old one was bought simply because I was looking for the cheapest one and it turned out to be a summer duvet! After two brutal winters with that duvet, I knew it was time to get a new one. I did a lot of research to find out which filling would be the best to combat the cold. Every article I read on it said goose down is the warmest but my budget had no room for it. Especially since I wanted to buy one that was certified cruelty free. In a few of those articles, I read that wool filling is also great especially if you are an allergy sufferer because wool is naturally dust free. Wool is also known to regulate body temperature. They are also much cheaper than goose down. I bought the Devon Autumn Wool duvet which is handmade in England and weighs 600GSM which is what I was looking for. I cant tell you enough how happy I am with it! My bed is always at the perfect temperature even if it’s below freezing outside and the heater is off. I cant say if its better than goose down, but I would recommend wool duvet to anyone.



Mason Pearson Brush: For my birthday, my sweet sister surprised me with a gift card from Net-a-Porter. I wanted to buy something that would last me for at least a few years. I had been eyeing the Mason Pearson Junior brush for a few years and with this generous gift card, I was able to buy it. The brush is so so good! My split ends have reduced drastically since I started using it and my hair is so soft and silky the second and third day after washing it that it’s unbelievable. Usually, on the third day, my hair is oily at the roots and dry at the ends. This brush distributes the oil throughout the hair making it glossy and less oily at the roots. I would highly recommend it.



Peugeot Pepper Mill: I used to use those plastic grinders that are sold with the whole pepper at the markets. Just to get a teaspoon of pepper, I would have to grind for what seemed like forever. And then to top it off, the pepper pieces would come out uneven in size (some would just be whole!). Frustrated, not to mention my tired arms, I decided to purchase this after seeing it in a few stores. I always liked the simple design and the natural finish. I didnt know how good this grinder would be! It has different levels of grinding from really fine to coarse. The grinding part itself is so smooth and with just a couple of turns, theres so much pepper. I will highly recommend this!



Amanda Lacey Oils of Provence: I must admit one reason I bought this oil is because I loved the name. Of course, the glowing reviews also helped and the fact that its made with natural oils. What I didnt know was how wonderful this oil is. Whenever I use this at night, I wake up to my skin looking so smooth, my dark spots noticeable lighter and any pimples visibly reduced. The smell is so relaxing to the mind and the oil makes my skin relax, like after a wonderful facial massage. It is expensive but this one is totally worth it and, I have been using mine for 8 months with about a months worth of oil left in it. You really need just a couple of drops. If theres any beauty product I would stay loyal to, this would be it.


1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for your kind words. I do appreciate you stopping by to read my blog :)

    ReplyDelete