What Do You Think Of Silence?


I am a big believer in silence. I like to listen and watch more than speaking. Unlike most people, I don’t find it awkward to be sitting amongst my family or friends and there be a moment of silence. We all need a moment to think after all haven’t we been told to think before we speak. It’s always better than those awkward small talk such as the weather. Nowadays, whenever I get angry, I force myself to keep quiet and take a moment instead of quarrelling. Surprisingly, I always feel better and realize that the problem didn’t need me to be angry at all. It keeps me from saying things I would regret later and I love that. Here are some of my favourite poems and quotes on silence;

“A day of Silence can be a Pilgrimage in itself.  A day of Silence can help you listen to the Soul play it’s marvellous lute and drum. Is not most talking a crazed defence of a crumbling fort? I thought we came here to surrender in Silence, to yield light and happiness, to dance within in celebration of Love’s victory. ”
-Hafiz

“Silence is an ocean. Speech is a river. When the ocean is searching for you, don’t walk into the language river. Listen to the ocean, and bring your talky business to an end traditional are just babbling in that presence, and babbling is a substitute for sight.”
-Rumi

“Only in Silence, I find myself. Life in the city is so hectic that you lose that right perspective. It’s important to know that our biggest resources are in our heart.”
-Tagore

“Surely Silence can sometimes be the most eloquent reply.”
-Imam Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment