Recipe | Warm Turmeric Milk


My mom used to make me turmeric milk every night before bed, ever since I hit puberty. She would tell my sisters and me that ‌“it’s good for us” and out of habit, I still drink it every night. I never really knew why it’s good for us until recently when I was drinking turmeric milk and decided to do quick research. I was amazed at the benefits this simple drink can have on our bodies.


Turmeric milk, also known as Golden Milk, is a healthy drink that helps heal a sore throat, cold, flu, stomach aches, menstrual cramps, clarifies skin, and anytime you need a soothing drink before bed. Turmeric is known as the healing spice and drinking anything warm before bed helps to soothe our digestive system. So to put turmeric in warm milk and then add honey makes this a magical trio drink. It not only tastes amazing but so relaxing and good for you. The benefits are endless and it’s really for you to try and find out how it helps you.

It’s super easy to make, and preferably be taken before bed. I use cow milk but you can switch it to any milk of your choice. I like to sprinkle crushed saffron thread just for the taste.

Recipe: Turmeric Milk
Serves 1

Ingredients

1 cup milk
1 teaspoon of Turmeric
1 teaspoon honey

Method

Add milk and turmeric to a saucepan, and heat over medium-low heat. Add honey and stir the milk. Let the milk warm for about 7–10 minutes before serving. Drink Warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment