Forushande (The Salesman)


The past weekend I watched Asghar Farhadi’s new film called The SalesmanForushande in Farsi. I really admire Asghar Farhadi’s work and have been a fan of him since I watched his Oscar-winning film A Separation. The Salesman premiered at the Cannes Film Festival last year and just released in cinemas in America. It is also nominated for the best foreign language film at Oscars this year. It has received mixed reviews with some critics giving is a full score and some not so much. But because I like the director and not so much keen on critics rating this year I watched it.

The Salesman is a story of a couple who have been forced to vacate their apartment and move to a new place. An event beyond their control jeopardizes their relationship. The storyline is just phenomenal and the casting and acting are outstanding. Even though I had a basic idea of what the story is about, the movie is just not predictable. It’s 
a treat to watch this movie especially if you love drama.

Photo from the Cannes Film Festival website

No comments:

Post a Comment