The Best Thing My Mother has Done for Me


On mother’s day yesterday, I was thinking about some of the greatest things my mother has done for me. It was so hard to narrow it down to one. But the one that I will forever be grateful for is what she did to make me fearless.

As a kid, I was the quiet shy one so naturally, some of the kids I played with would hit me. My mother was unaware of this, until one day I was playing outside and my mother saw a kid hit me, from her bedroom window. That made her furious! She immediately called me back home and told me to go out there and hit the kid who hit me. I was very reluctant but she said I should never be the first one to hit, but if anybody hits me she has given me permission to hit them back. I went back and hit the kid. Not as hard as the kid had, but it was a start.

Then one day, a couple of weeks later, my younger sister and I were on the school bus coming back from school, and the bus bully hit my sister. This bully would often push my sister but this day she hit her! I immediately hit the bully back and warned her from ever hitting my sister. I was so proud of myself because I didn’t even know I had the courage. I couldn’t wait to go back home and tell my mother. That kid never hit my sister again. Soon enough I realized, I had not only learned to stand up for myself but others too. I am ever so grateful to her for teaching me this important life lesson. Stand up and be brave :-)

Photo of my sister and me.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete