7 Beautiful Lines I Have Read


Have you ever, while reading a book, come across a line that resonates so much with you, you reread it multiple times? Sometimes I reread it because I had thought about the line a few times but the author just wrote it so beautifully, I am almost jealous I didnt. I love those moments, and that book always ends up on my favorite books list. Here are some lines I read recently that I find so beautiful…

“I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world.”
- Albert Camus, The Stranger

“I responded to the gravity of an inside moon at my core, and I undertook journeys I had not expected to take.”
- Mohsin Hamid, The Reluctant Fundamentalist

“The thing about love is that we come alive in bodies not our own.”
- Colum McCann, Let the Great World Spin

“Is love stronger when it lets go or when it holds on.”
- Kamila Shamsie, Kartography

“We say of something that they cant be forgiven, or that we will never forgive ourselves. But we do--we do it all the time.”
- Alice Munro, Dear Life

“He said, "people wait their whole lives for the kind of happiness we have.”
- Melissa Banks, The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing

“Alone, I am nothing. I have nothing. We have power. But we will never know it, we will never see it work. Unless we come together to make it work.”
- Ayi Kwei Armah, The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born

Photo by ian dooley.

No comments:

Post a Comment