Two Books I’m Taking On Holiday


Do you read a book or two while on holiday? I like to read books while traveling. It’s great to pass time while on the journey to the destination, and anytime you’re just chilling by the pool or at the beach, don’t you agree? I generally like to take two books every time I travel, in case I don’t like the first one, I move on to the second. I also try to take two books that are of a different genre. A fun fact about me, I suffer from motion sickness caused by reading or watching anything in a moving car! Because I don’t really feel the plane moving, I am generally fine during those journeys but the others, especially car, is a big no. Here are two books I am planning to read on holiday this summer…

Exit West by Mohsin Hamid
“A story of the migrants Saeed and Nadia, who leave an unnamed country in the midst of a civil war and journey to Greece, England and eventually the United States in an effort to invent new lives for themselves.” The book came out this year and has received great reviews from critics.

The Conference of the Birds by Faird Ud-Din Attar
“Composed in the twelfth century in north-eastern Iran, Attar’s great mystical poem is among the most significant of all works of Persian Literature. A marvelous, allegorical rendering of the Islamic doctrine of Sufism - an esoteric system concerned with the search for truth through God - it describes the consequences of the conference of the birds of the world when they meet to begin the search for their ideal king, the Simorgh bird.” Although this is not a new book, published in 1177(!), I found out about it not too long ago. I cant wait to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment