Recipe | Beef With Cauliflower


When I was younger, I wasn’t a big fan of beef or lamb cooked with vegetables except with cauliflower. My mom cooks this quite often because it is so popular in our house and it’s one of my favourite moms recipe ever. I don’t know what the cauliflower does to the meat, but it gives the meat this delicious taste that is very distinct. I have been making this recipe since I moved out and it’s only very recently that I can cook it as well as her. Of course, the one made by her will always be my favourite. This recipe is very easy to cook and the end result tastes like it has been cooking for hours. Here is the recipe.


Recipe: Beef with cauliflower
Serves 2 - 4

Ingredients 


1 large cauliflower cut into medium pieces

½ pound of beef cut into cubes
1 medium onion diced
1 - 3 cloves of garlic
1 - 3 Thai chillies (optional)
½ teaspoon of curry powder
2 heaping tablespoon of ghee or olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Method


Fry onion, garlic, and chillies in oil. Add meat and fry until brown. Once the meat has browned, add cauliflower, salt, pepper and curry powder. Stir until fully combined. Add one cup of water or beef stock and cover. Cook on medium low heat for 40 mins. Finish with freshly ground black pepper, and serve with rice or naan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment