Is Linen Bedding Better?


I love the look of linen bedding and became obsessed with them thanks to all those countless wonderful pictures on Instagram. But when I sat down to order, I was taken aback by the price! So I had to put that purchase on hold until I came across this linen duvet cover with pillowcases browsing at Ikea. I was sold on the price and the lovely beige colour. I bought a fitted sheet on sale from H&M and my dream bed was complete. I must admit, the first time I slept in those sheets, it felt weird, a bit rough but there was a hint of cosiness. What I didn’t know at the time was it is always a good idea to wash the sheets first before using. Linen sheets only get very soft after a few washes. Though the bedsheets were soft the duvet cover was not there yet. 

I have used this bedding for an over a year and I love it. Even though I have a spare cotton bedding set, I don’t like sleeping in them anymore. I wash it at least once a week, and unfortunately, the fitted bed sheet did not hold up.  It tore right in the middle. I have read the reasons could be; it was treated with chemicals to make them soft without the actual washing or, it could be that linen sheets shouldn’t be fitted because the lack of movement makes them prone to tears. On the other hand, the Ikea duvet cover and pillowcases are the softest thing I have ever slept in. It has not torn and the colour has gotten better. If you’re looking for linen duvets on a budget I would recommend the ones from Ikea. The next time I buy linen sheets, it would definitely have to be flat. In the meantime, I am hoping Ikea introduces linen sheets too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment