3 Ways to Eat Roasted Cauliflower


Lately, I have been seeing chefs and cooks on Instagram making all sorts of new inventive stuff with cauliflower like cauliflower rice, cauliflower grilled cheese, cauliflower steaks, cauliflower pizza where the crust is made from crushed cauliflowers, and I am sure many more that I have yet to discover. All this innovation was happening while I was having plain old, but absolutely delicious, cauliflower with beef sauce.


On my weekly trip to the farmers market last week, I saw cauliflowers were back in season, and inspired by all those creations, I bought a couple to try out some new recipes. I decided to make roasted cauliflower to add to any main dish. Roasted cauliflower on its own is very good, and I couldn’t stop munching on them like a bag of crisps. I am sharing 3 of my favourite main dishes with roasted cauliflower. The cauliflower is roasted separately and added to the main just before serving. The only lengthy step here is actually cutting the cauliflower to the desired size for roasting. Here’s the recipe of how I roast;

Recipe: Roasted Cauliflowers
Serves 2 - 4

Ingredients

One medium or large size cauliflower
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

Method

Preheat oven with the baking or roasting tray inside at 350F. In a bowl, place cut and washed cauliflowers (I cut mine fairly small), drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix together until fully combined. Spread on the hot baking tray, and roast in the oven until the cauliflowers have turned brown. 

With pasta
I made a basic tomato sauce, and just before adding boiled pasta, I added roasted cauliflowers to the tomato sauce. Tossed it together with the pasta, and finished off with parmesan cheese and freshly grinned peppers. The pasta turned out to be so delicious that I am making this my go-to pasta until cauliflowers are in season! If you happen to be new to roasted cauliflower recipes, this one would be a great place to start at.

In a ramen bowl
I loved this so, so much. I finished off my beef ramen bowl with a handful of roasted cauliflowers and slurped my way to food heaven. The more vegetables in a ramen bowl the merrier, don’t you agree? Some of my favourite vegetables to have in a ramen bowl are cauliflower (recent most favourite), mushrooms, spring onions, carrots, tiny green leaves, roasted bell peppers, zucchini, roasted eggplants and of course chopped cilantro. 

In a salad
Roasted cauliflowers with Persian/mini cucumbers, radish, greens, and drizzled with a simple vinaigrette is absolutely delicious. Surprisingly, so filling too!

Here are some more ideas that I haven’t tried but sound so delicious; roasted cauliflower tacos, roasted cauliflower curry, and roasted cauliflower stir fry with sesame seeds. Don’t they all sound really good?

No comments:

Post a Comment