The Place I Most Want To Visit This Summer


For summer holiday this year, I am looking at places within the US. I have been brainstorming to pick one but partial to the possibility of going to Washington DC because I really want to visit The Museum of African American History. The architecture of the museum building is stunning, and I have been hearing great reviews about it. I have admired David Adjayes work, the architect of the museum, and this will be the first time I see his work in person. Another museum I would love to visit in DC is the Smithsonian, it looks like a fun museum.

The only thing keeping me from confirming the trip is that I have been to Washington DC before but only got to spent a day, and missed out on going anywhere significant. I did happen upon The National Postal Museum and decided to visit to pass time before boarding the train. The best part was they let you pick old stamps from all over the world for free! I saw kids having so much fun picking a few, and rightly so even I loved that part. I am often thinking if I missed an opportunity of going to a city that I havent been before. So another possibility could be to divide the week between two cities or a city and a seaside town. I think the latter one sounds ideal.

Photo via here

No comments:

Post a Comment