Snow Day in Northeast



We are having a big snow storm and I couldn’t be happier. There is something about waking up and rushing to the window to see everything covered in snow. It is always such a beautiful soothing sight. What are your plans? I am having an off day so I am spending the whole day indoors. I am also going to make the creamiest very chocolatey hot chocolate, and if you would like to join me here’s how I plan to do it.

Recipe: The Creamiest & Very Chocolatey Hot Chocolate

Ingredients:

1½ cups of whole milk
½ cup of cream
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
A big bar of your favorite dark chocolate cut into small pieces
Sugar to taste (usually a tablespoon)

Method:

Combine milk and cream in a saucepan and heat gently. Add the cocoa powder, chocolate pieces, and sugar and whisk until it is all combined. Remove from heat, pour into a big mug, top with whip cream and dusting of cocoa powder. Settle with a book and enjoy!

Photo by Betty Petrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment