A Fun Update / Spring



I’ve been absent from the blog for some time, not because I didn’t have time, rather I was suffering from writer’s block. I don’t want to post just for the sake of it. Last year, after being absent for a month, I did an update post on what I was eating, wearing, reading and watching. So, I figured this might be a fun thing to do every season. Even though it’s spring, according to the calendar at least, it sure doesn’t feel like it, so this update is something in the middle of winter and spring.


My Diet
My local farmers market is still looking like winter so my diet has been mostly potatoes in lots of different ways such as cut into chunks and cooked with beef stew, or mashed with shepherd’s pie or simply made into fries. Recently, I discovered these tortillas and have been on a twice-a-week taco diet. They are so, so good that they would be perfectly fine with just guacamole. Yesterday, I had fried chicken tacos with guacamole and aioli which was perhaps the best taco I ever made. The recipe for that will be coming soon.


My go-to clothes
I have been wearing my big down jacket non-stop and seriously looking forward to giving it a break. Under that, I have been wearing this turtleneck (similar here) quite a lot and only giving it a break because I don’t want any questionable looks. I love the soft look of the turtleneck with my bulky jacket.



The best show or movie I watched recently
These days I have been mostly watching shows, documentaries and movies on Netflix. The best thing I watched recently is the documentary called Abacus: Small Enough to Jail. It tells the saga of the Chinese immigrant Sung family, owners of Abacus Federal Savings of Chinatown, New York. I am on the hunt for some new T.V. shows to watch so I’d love to hear any recommendations if you have.



A book on my bedside table
I am in the middle of this book, and so far, I would highly recommend it to anyone. The story is one of the most interesting and distressing I have ever read.

Top photo by Biegun Wschodni. Corn tortilla photo via. Jacket photo via.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post! I like your blog, would you like to follow each other?:)

    https://julesonthemoon.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete