A Fun Update / Winter



My Diet
Mostly consists of warm soups and stews. I especially love adding dry lentils because it gives the soup great consistency and adds so much flavour. A simple one I make is adding split mung beans and black/french lentils with beef and potatoes. Cooks in about an hour and so good with fresh bread. Another one of my favourite soups that include lentils is Ash reshteh.



My go-to clothes
As mentioned here, I have been wearing ribbed and striped sweaters a lot. They go very well with jeans and trousers. Since I cannot wear a lot of layers under a fitted sweater, a simple trick I learned to keep myself warm without adding bulk is to wear a merino wool base layer. Merino wool is great because it’s thin but still keeps me warm.



The best show or movie
I recently watched a French movie called ‘Custody’ on Amazon Prime. It’s about a divorced couple fighting for custody of their son. The father wants joint custody but the mother wants sole custody because she claims her ex-husband is violent. The movie is very intense—I was sitting on the edge of my sofa with my heart beating faster by the minute. If you have time, this is a must watch.

Currently reading
I just started reading this book. I picked it up because as a teenager I loved her Shopaholic series and whenever she comes out with a new book, I try to get my hands on it.

P.S. More updates here and here.

Ash reshteh photo via; Striped sweater photo via Zara; ‘Custody’ photo is a screenshot from the movie; Book photo via.

No comments:

Post a Comment